Workbar Space & Community Manager (multiple locations)
Workbar is a coworking space with four locations in the Boston area. We are a collection of vibrant and buzzing workspaces shared by a community of over 1,000 entrepreneurs, start-ups, independent and remote enterprise professionals. The result is a high-energy place to work and collaborate. Additionally, Workbar hosts workshops & events, member happy hours & mixers, and offers free organic coffee and snacks.
We are excited to announce the early summer opening of three new Workbar locations in Staples stores in Brighton, Danvers, and Norwood! These three locations will add to our coworking network.
We are currently seeking a full-time Space & Community Managers to manage the following locations. The Space & Community Manager will run the coworking center and aim to make Workbar the best possible experience for our members, their guests and all the participants in our events. You will be the primary contact on site and will manage the space each day.
- Workbar @Staples location in Brighton, MA click here to apply
- Workbar @Staples location in Norwood, MA click here to apply
- Workbar @Staples location in Danvers, MA click here to apply
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing all member requests, needs, and relations within the community
- Fielding incoming space and membership inquiries and requests via email and phone.
- Assisting all drop-ins and walk-bys, as well as our members’ clients visiting the space.
- Greeting prospective members, giving tours of the facility, and following up to gauge their interest in our community.
- Registering new members and acclimating them to the Workbar community.
- Managing the monthly membership billing cycle.
- Responsible for maintaining the space and our quality standards, including the kitchen space, coffee bar, office and food & beverage supplies.
- Planning and coordinating onsite events, meetings, and monthly open office hours.
- Creating and monitoring new organizational systems to increase our efficiency and improve our community.
- Pitching and negotiating partnership and sponsorship opportunities for the company.
- Generating weekly reports on our membership, sales, and marketing programs.
- Coordinating art showings, local events, and other innovations that improve the space.
- Providing logistical and general management support for Workbar’s executive team.
- Assisting Workbar staff with social networking, contributing to the Workbar blog, and assisting with online marketing initiatives.
- Other administrative tasks, as needed, related to managing the space, the amenities, and the membership.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Customer service and hospitality experience
- Interest in business, particularly in start-up and small enterprise.
- Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Ability to work with people in a social working environment.
- Attention to detail, top organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent record-keeping abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Independent work ethic.
- Willingness to pitch in, pound the pavement, roll sleeves up and get dirty!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in shared web-based programs, such as Google Apps, DropBox, CRM, etc.
This is a full-time paid position with benefits and policies that support quality of life. The salary is commensurate with entry-level experience. Opportunities for advancement are possible as the company expands.